Friday, October 12, 2007

Matthew



I found out two years ago that Matthew was the most incredible dad ever. But after having another baby, I am reminded again of how blessed I am.

As I woke up during the middle of our first night in the hospital with Rayna, I saw him quietly getting Rayna wrapped back up after a diaper change and bottle feeding. It was then I realized I had fallen asleep during her last feeding too.

Someone at the hospital was impressed with Matthew's abilities to wake-up every three hours to feed, change and document Rayna's activities. She made the remark that Matthew was a great "help." Although I've heard this a hundred times, it's still funny to me. Matthew has never "helped" me. I can say this because there's never been a day when Matthew hasn't given 100% as much to Ross or our family as I have.

Very early this morning I watched Matthew's tired and aching body climb off of the tiny couch he'd been resting on the last 18 hours. He checks on Rayna and then crawls in the hospital bed with me. So as we turn off the lights and curl up together in a bed made for one, I sleep better than I have in three months.

No comments: