Thursday, March 6, 2008

"Lead Me to the Cross"

I've been thinking about how I need to start another 'professional' blog for my photography business and clients. Although I may still create a separate one that won't contain any 'personal' thoughts and family photographs, I am kind-of liking the idea of my life, complete with struggles and honesty, being an open book. I personally have been incredibly inspired by a few people who have put their faith and journey out there for others to see. (Why hide something that could possibly help or encourage others?)

So, with that being said, I sit here tonight, coming up on 2am, feeling myself drawing closer and closer to God. For me, that always starts with music. (Right now, I'm listening to my sister's Myspace playlist.)

Lately, I've found my desire is to spend time reading the Bible and listening to God; but, I've allowed other things to get in the way. It's so appropriate that the words from "Lead Me to the Cross" are playing right now:

"Savior I come
Quiet my soul...
Everything I once held dear...
I count it all as lost
Lead me to the cross...
Rid me of myself
I belong to You..."

It's a great reminder for me to put all my other projects, emails, distractions away and focus on what's really important.

No comments: